Introduction to Social Management -- Alison Battesby
January 27, 2012
- Having a plan can prove the objectives behind a social media strategy, as well as a way to measure progress.
Allows you to:
- Discover and learn where your audience is
- Provide extra value to your readers
- Try things to see what works well and what doesn’t
- Build relationships with influencers outside of organization
BBC use social media:
- Newsgathering — Helps them gather more, and sometimes better, material; can find a wider range of voices, ideas and eyewitnesses quickly
- **Audience engagement ** — allows them to speak to different audiences and to engage younger audiences
- **A platform for their content ** — it’s a way of getting their journalism out there in short form, or as a tool to take people to the website, TV or radio.
What to consider…
- Twitter Feed — link a blog directly to Twitter. It’s like Tumblr used to be!
- HootSuite — Like Tweet Deck. Can do scheduled Tweets, web-based. Also has analytics.
- Bitly — URL shortener with analytics.
- Crowdbooster — Top retweeters and impressions; various Twitter-related analytics.
- We Follow — find influential tweeters
How not to use Twitter
Your audience is online
- 90% of consumers online trust peer recommendations; 70% trust opinions posted online by unknown users (Niemen)
© 2018 Ændrew Rininsland, except where otherwise noted.